Wednesday, September 25, 2019

October 2019 Newsletter

The exhibition in North Beach is ending, while 3 (yes three!) are opening simultaneously. I'll be at all the receptions, so please do stop by. Details to follow…


I would be pleased to have you as my guest at the Opening Reception for....well, everything. "Rise!" and "Otherwise Mundane" open on the same night in Worcester County, so I will be at both parties, first Ocean City, then Snow Hill. A week later "Darkness Falls" opens in Solomons, MD. The "Inspirational Invitational" closes on Sunday, so there's still time to catch that show, too. All the details are below.
Love,
Barb


Rise!

"Rise!" is a woman-powered multi-media extravaganza at the Art League of Ocean City Center for the Arts. At first glance, my paintings of windows do not seem very GRL PWR, but they feel that way to me. My "Inside/Outside" series was inspired by the work of modern master Lois Dodd. Lately I am fascinated by the layers in windows: the reflected images, the window itself as object, and the fragments of revealed interior. Like the layers of people: what we project, what we are, and what we conceal or reveal.

Opening Reception
Friday, October 4th, 5-9pm

Exhibition
October 4-27th

502 94th Street
Ocean City, Maryland
410-524-9433


Otherwise Mundane

I excited to be one of the featured artists at Bishop's Stock Fine Art, Craft & Wine in October. This group of my paintings feature special moments in "Otherwise Mundane" places, like my suburban neighborhood, parking lots, and office parks. As they say, what you pay attention to becomes important. And I'm paying attention, especially while running errands.

Opening Reception
Friday, October 4th, 5-8pm

Exhibition
October 4-30th

202 West Green Street
Snow Hill, Maryland
410-632-3555


When Darkness Falls: Night Explorations

What happens when you doggedly study and paint nocturnes for a year? You earn a place in a juried show at Annmarie Sculpture Garden & Arts Center. I did, and I will be accepting enthusiastic high-fives at the Opening Reception on Friday, Oct 11th. All of my paintings in "Darkness" were made during my Artist Residency at Lacawac Sanctuary this summer.

Opening Reception
Friday, October 11th, 5-8pm
Free for members, $5 everyone else.
Must be 21+ to attend.

Exhibition
October 11, 2019 - January 26, 2020

13740 Dowell Road
Solomons, Maryland 20688
410-326-4640


Closing Weekend

The “Inspirational Invitational" at Artworks@7th Gallery in North Beach continues through Sunday, Sept 29th. The gallery is open Thursday through Sunday, 11am-6pm. Thank you again, Elaine Davy Strong, for inviting me to participate. So nice to become better acquainted with a local gallery!

8905 Chesapeake Avenue
North Beach, MD 
(410) 286-5278

Do you like to be the first to know stuff?

If you sign up for my mailing list, you will find out about events and new artwork before the rest of social-media-land. Also, I'll give you a 10% off coupon to use on anything in my Etsy shop. If that sounds good, subscribe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment