Tuesday, November 19, 2019

November 2019 Newsletter

Collages from Barb Mowery's Lacawac Artists' Residency

NEW! - Landscape Collages

Hey all,
Remember this past summer when I went to Lacawac Sanctuary in Pennsylvania to make art in the woods for a week? (Scroll down for a short video about it.)

One of the projects that came out of that trip was a series landscape collages made out of hand painted paper. My husband confessed that he doesn't really like collages. But once I explained that, in my mind, they are simply paintings I had made using already dried pieces of paint, he gave them a second look. And I hope you will approach them in the same manner.

SPECS: The price is $100 each. The images are 8 x 8 inches, and they are matted to fit a standard 14 x 11 inch frame. These are original pieces of artwork, not reproductions. I made them using painted paper and permanent glue on heavy Canson mixed media paper. The artwork will come to you mounted on white matboard, with acid free tape, and a backer board, inside of a clear, protective acetate envelope. This artwork should be framed behind glass or plexi. I have matted and packaged them especially with ease of gift-giving in mind, as we all have enough errands to run in the next 6 weeks.

SHIPPING: Free shipping within the United States. USPS Priority Mail, fully insured. For Christmas delivery, please order by Dec 10th. I typically ship on Fridays.

Once again, I'm giving you, my mailing list peeps, first dibs on the new work. I will not advertise these pieces on social media until Thanksgiving (Nov 28th). 

Sound good? Check them out.

SHOP THE COLLAGES

And have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
Barb


Lacawac Artists' Residency Video

I had the privilege of working in the pristine natural beauty of  Lacawac Sanctuary in Lake Ariel, PA, as an artist in residence this summer. Here's a look at my time there. Enjoy!

2020 Floral Wall Calendars by Barb Mowery
2020 Wall Calendars

Fill the new year with flowers! My new calendar features 13 of your favorite flower paintings. The wall calendar is spiral bound and printed on heavy white paper. They are $27 each, which includes shipping within the US. Please order (HERE) by Dec 10th for Christmas delivery.

Darkness painting by Barb Mowery

When Darkness Falls

The Darkness show at Annmarie Sculpture Garden & Arts Center continues through Jan 26th. And the annual Garden in Lights opens on Fri, Nov 29th. It's magical to see the show at night.

13740 Dowell Road
Solomons, Maryland 20688
410-326-4640

Want to be the first to know?

If you sign up for my mailing list, you will find out about events and new artwork before the rest of social-media-land. Also, I'll give you a 10% off coupon to use on anything in my Etsy shop. If that sounds good, subscribe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment