Wednesday, April 6, 2016

April 2016 Newsletter

News from Barb Mowery Fine Art

Springtime marks the beginning of outdoor painting season. There’s still time to see Artists in Action. And I’m preparing for a solo exhibition in the fall. Read on...

Barb at the Paint Snow Hill 2015 'Wet Paint' Show & Sale with baby Margo.

Paint Snow Hill 2016 is next week!

It’s hard to believe that this is my 10th year participating in the Eastern Shore’s premier plein air (that’s French for outdoor) painting event. 70 artists will slow down to admire the splendor of springtime on Delmarva. The “Wet Paint” Show & Sale opens with a Ticketed Preview reception on Saturday, April 16th from 6-8pm. The $30 cost of your ticket is applied toward your artwork purchase. The Show & Sale follows on Sunday, April 17th from 12-4pm, and admission is free. Come meet the artists and our work at the Old Firehouse on Green Street, Snow Hill, MD. For more information please contact Bishop’s Stock. I would love to see you there!

Barb and Jackie in front of “The Gift” – oil on linen, © Jackie Clark 2016.

Busy Schmoozing

March was full of fun art happenings in Southern Maryland. The sun refused to come out for the Calvert Artists’s Guild Spring Show in Solomons, but I met some really nice local artists there. The following weekend I celebrated the opening of Artists in Action with Jackie Clark at Annmarie Garden. Jackie’s artwork will be displayed at AMG for 2 more weeks, so you still have time to stop by and see her lovely paintings.

“Not So Starry-Eyed Anymore” – 12” x 12”, acrylic on panel, © Barb Mowery 2015. Sold.

In the News

Reporter Josh Davis of Ocean City Today interviewed me this morning about Paint Snow Hill. The article will appear next Thursday, April 14th, and I will be sure to post a link to it on my blog.

Upcoming

In May I will lead a painting party fundraiser for Grace United Church of Christ in Baltimore, MD. We will take lots of photos.

And in October I have a solo exhibition at the Southern Branch of the Calvert Public Library.

If you would like to have my monthly newsletter delivered to you by email, you may subscribe here. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment