Tuesday, January 15, 2019

January 2019 Newsletter


Welcome to the Shutdown Sale

I’m not going to sugar-coat it: Robb has been furloughed, and there is no end to the government shutdown in sight. So I’m having a Shutdown Sale, which means that I stuck a price tag on everything except my great aunt Dodie.


Studio Sweep

Eastern Shore friends, the Studio Sweep Sale at Bishop’s Stock in Snow Hill, Maryland, is up through Saturday, January 26th. The Gallery has very generously waived their commission on these paintings, so the full purchase price will help my little family stay afloat. (Thank you, Ann!) The small floral paintings are from my 30 Days project last year and are $45 each.


Etsy Shop

For everyone not near to Snow Hill, I have an online shop stocked with more than 120 artworks right now, including framed paintings, unframed paintings, works on paper, collages, and lots of paintings on clearance (75% off!). I am continuously adding more art to the shop as I find it in the back of my closet. UPSP Priority shipping is included within the US.


Tote Bags

I now have several cute tote bag designs to choose from. But you do have to pay to ship those.


30 Days of Dogs

For my 30 Days project this January, I’ve been making paper collages of dogs. The artwork is securely glued onto Canson mixed media paper. The page measures 9 x 12 inches, and the artwork is about 8 x 8 inches, with a nice margin for matting and framing. Each ships in a clear acetate sleeve, but I *strongly* recommend professional framing, as they have bits and bumps and flaggy things that need protecting. I’m making them available on Etsy as I get them photographed and uploaded.


Upcoming Residency

From February 7th-11th, I will move my art studio to the main gallery at Annmarie Garden, in Dowell, MD, as part of the Artists in Action Program. I'll be there each day from 10am-5pm. Come watch me paint, and I’ll put you to work on a fun nocturne challenge!


Thank You!

My head is spinning from the huge outpouring of support for my little family in the past week. We are sooooo grateful. I am shipping artwork and replying to messages just as fast as I can. But please know that you have kept us afloat through the next 2 weeks. Here’s hoping the shutdown is over soon! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, to each and every one of you!!!
Love,
Barb

P.S. -- If you would like my newsletter conveniently delivered right to your inbox each month AND if you enjoy coloring, then subscribe here. I will send you a free, printable coloring page as a little thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment