Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Field Notes No. 2 - On Noticing


This year I've been repeating to myself: notice the things you notice, which is more difficult than you might think. There are a lot of voices in my head about the things that I should notice. "Should" in air quotes. And that's really not my business. Those are other people's subject matter. These are some of the things that I notice. It's what I liked to look at when I was a kid. And somewhere along the way, unconsciously, I decided to look at the things I should be looking at instead. Finally, now, I feel like I am mature enough to pay attention again to the things that excite me. My things. So I look at things like this with childlike wonder.

Find me on Instagram and Facebook at Barb Mowery Art. Contact me through my website barbmowery.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment