Monday, May 22, 2017

Sargy Mann

Sargy Mann: More. Different. Better. Thoughts towards a talk. from Peter Mann Pictures on Vimeo.

Truly I am posting links to these videos and articles for myself, so I can find them easily again later. Bookmarking. But I find the British artist Sargy Mann fascinating. Even as his eyesight diminished and finally failed him completely, Mann continued to develop and excel as a painter. The film above, made by his son Peter, captures his preparations to deliver a TED talk. Sadly, he passed away several months before giving his presentation. The film below, also by Peter, is an incremental look at how Mann made paintings when he was fully blind.

Sargy Mann from Peter Mann Pictures on Vimeo.

And if you're now as enchanted as I am by Mann's analysis and painting, then here is a BBC Magazine article that he wrote called "How a blind painter sees." Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment