Friday, November 11, 2016

November 2016 Newsletter

News from Barb Mowery Fine Art

My exhibition at the Solomons library was great fun; I have some cool chemistry to show you; and I have gift certificates just in time for the holidays. Read on…

"Trio" - 24 x 48 inches, acrylic on canvas, available here.


Lost in the Woods Show

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who came to my reception and stopped by to see my artwork last month. I really enjoyed visiting with old friends, making some new ones, and sending several paintings off to new homes. All of the remaining artwork from the show is available in my shop now.



Weird Science

An important part of being an artist is handling art materials responsibly. Because I use acrylic paint, some of which contains cadmium (a toxin that needs to stay out of the ground water), I filter my rinse water. When I've saved up several gallons, our garage becomes a chemistry lab. I treat the waste water with chemicals to create a precipitate and neutralize the pH, then pour it through a commercial coffee filter. The dried "gunk" goes to the landfill, and the fresh clean water gets flushed.



Gift Certificates Available

Is someone on your holiday gift list a fan of my artwork? Let your loved one bring home their favorite with a gift certificate.

Upcoming in 2017

I’m so excited to announce that my artwork will be featured at Bishop’s Stock Gallery in Snow Hill, MD, for the month of August! I will share all the dates and info with you as soon as I know.

And if you would like to have my monthly newsletter delivered to you by email, you may subscribe here. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment