Monday, October 3, 2016

October 2016 Newsletter

News from Barb Mowery Fine Art

My solo exhibition at the Solomons, MD, library is up. The reception is Thursday the 6th. And I made a fun coloring download for you. Read on…

Installation view of three paintings in Lost in the Woods show.
Lost in the Woods Solo Exhibition

My solo exhibition of tree paintings is hanging at the Calvert Library in Solomons, MD, now through October 31, 2016. The 30 paintings on display were made as a response to both the incredible natural beauty of Maryland and to my childhood memories. All of the artwork in this show is available for purchase in my Etsy shop.

"Birdsong and Cicadas" - acrylic on canvas, 24 x 36 inches, 2016, framed, $1200.
Opening Reception

There will be an Opening Reception on Thursday, October 6th, from 6-8pm. (There will be cookies.) I hope to see you there!

If you are unable to attend the reception but would like to come see the artwork sometime in October, I am glad to meet you at the library and give a personal tour of the exhibition. Please email me to schedule an appointment.

"Thyself Beneath Whatever Sky" - acrylic on canvas,
12 x 9 inches, 2013, framed, $425.
Fun for All Ages

I turned one of my paintings into a color-by-number, which you may download for free, print out, and play around with. If you email me a photo, I will publish your finished artwork on my blog and Facebook fan page. Enjoy!

Three abstract landscape paintings by Barb Mowery.
Installation view of three paintings in Lost in the Woods show.

How to Purchase

If you have fallen in love with one of my tree paintings, I have them all listed in my Etsy shop. Gift certificates are also available. Please note, artwork must hang in the library for the duration of the show, so I will ship on Monday, November 7th.

And if you would like to have my monthly newsletter delivered to you by email, you may subscribe here. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment