Monday, March 7, 2016

March 2016 Newsletter

News from Barb Mowery Fine Art

Last month I taught preschoolers to draw their pets. This month I invite you to come see my paintings in a group exhibition in Solomons, MD. And my friend Jackie Clark is coming to town for a show of her own. Read on...



Visit to Preschool

In February I visited classes at my daughter’s preschool to talk about what artists do. The children got to see my brushes and paints, and we sang a silly song about colors. Then I taught them to use basic geometric shapes to make cats and dogs (like Ed Emberley). Here are a few of their drawings and a snapshot of me sitting in the middle of all the fun. When I asked how many legs our cats should have, one young man said, “Thirty-seven!” I love little kids.


Summer Solstice” – 12” x 12”, acrylic on panel, © Barb Mowery 2015.

CAG Spring Art Show

Next weekend I will have several paintings in the Calvert Artists' Guild Show at the Southern Maryland Sailing Association.The show is Saturday & Sunday, March 12th & 13th, 10am-5pm. Admission is free. The weather should be perfect for walking around Solomons, MD, so come make a day of it!

“The Gift” – oil on linen, © Jackie Clark 2016.

Artists in Action Exhibition

Also this month the Artists in Action 2016 Show & Sale kicks off with an “After Hours” reception on Friday, March 18th, 6-8pm, at Annmarie Garden. My friend Jackie Clark will be showing 3 large paintings that she created while snowed in at AMG for 2 weeks back in January. I am honored that she invited my family to participate in her project as models for the painting pictured here called “The Gift.” Her other paintings, featuring a waterman and an environmentalist, are equally lovely and characterized by Jackie’s loose but confident brushstrokes. The show continues through mid-April and is well worth a visit to AMG.

Save the Date!

Paint Snow Hill 2016
“Wet Paint” Show & Sale
Ticketed Preview Show
Saturday, April 16, 6-8pm
Show & Sale
Sunday, April 17, 12-4pm

If you would like to have my monthly newsletter delivered to you by email, you may subscribe here. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment