Sunday, May 16, 2010

Solomons exhibition

Solomons Paint the Town 2010

Welcome to the exhibition for Solomons Paint the Town 2010. This is the main gallery at Annmarie Garden where 2 of my paintings will be on display all week. Formal, airy, cool, tranquil, bright. Enter judge Carolyn Egeli.

Solomons Paint the Town 2010

She began her gallery talk by explaining why she chose particular works for awards.

Solomons Paint the Town 2010

Solomons Paint the Town 2010

And once she had discussed the awards, she moved on to deliver individual critiques of everyone's work. This is a painting by my friend David Diaz.

Barbara B. Mowery

Here is my bridge painting.

Barbara B. Mowery

The judge paid me a compliment on this one, but I missed hearing it. David told me she said it was "...nice in its utter simplicity." Neither of my paintings sold today--another chance Friday night at the cocktail party. I might have painting play dates in my future with the Nancys (Thompson and Shippen)--although the Nancys aren't going to allow me to sit in the back of my car painting like a hobo. All of my photos from Solomons Paint the Town, this year and last, are in an album on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment