Thursday, April 30, 2009

Inspiration from the garden

This month we moved into a house that once had fabulous gardens, but they have been neglected for several years. As my husband and I labor to bring the yard back into order, the flowers are a constant source of inspiration to me. I find myself wanting to paint the flowers for the first time ever. And the vintage frames I had at the back of the closet are suddenly just right.

Peony Buds

Peony Buds.
Acrylic and china marker on paper canvas, 5" x 3.5", 2009.


Salvia

Salvia.
Acrylic and china marker on canvas panel, 10" x 8", 2009.


Garden Weeds

Garden Weeds.
Acrylic and china marker on Gessobord, 7" x 5", 2009.


Azaleas in bloom and about to be

Azaleas and Azalea Buds.
Each is acrylic and china marker on hardboard, 6" x 6", 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment