Saturday, May 25, 2019

May 2019 Newsletter

Hi there! I have 2 paintings in the Plein Air show at Bishop's Stock--through June 5th. And now my mugs & totes are in the JPPM gift shop. Read on… 

Barb Mowery's plein air paintings from 2019.

Plein Air Show

Bishop’s Stock is showing a selection of plein air (outdoor) paintings by Paint Snow Hill alumni through June 5th. I have 2 paintings in the show, made during my family/painting trip to Delmarva in April. The boat painting “Dream Catcher” has already sold, but the house “Feeling Neighborly” is available.

In fact, Bishop’s Stock has about 30 of my paintings right now. And they will show them to you if you know the secret password… Just kidding! That is *not* how galleries work. All you have to say is that you would like to see some of my work, and Ann, Gilly, or Doug will gladly point you in the right direction. You can even make an appointment to look at paintings if your schedule does not match the gallery’s hours. Don’t let “gallery” intimidate you—they are super friendly!

Barb Mowery tote bag available at Jefferson Patterson Park.

Totes & Mugs at JPPM

The Jefferson Patterson Park & Museum gift shop now carries my coffee mugs and tote bags. If you live in Southern Maryland, you can save yourself the cost of shipping with a visit to the park. One of my favorite annual events is coming up soon: Children’s Day on the Farm. It’s a celebration of Southern Maryland’s rich agricultural heritage with antique tractors, pony rides, shows, games, petting zoo, food, and more. Children's Day is Sunday, June 2nd from 11am-5pm, free admission.

Painting old picture frames grey.


Housekeeping 
For most of May I've been doing chores, like painting old frames a nice warm, dark grey and working in my garden. Seeing the product of your labor is so satisfying. I'll be back to painting and updating the Etsy shop in June.

All Upcoming Events

Sign Up 

The most efficient way to find out about these goings-ons is to subscribe to my email list. If you are relying on social media to keep you posted, don't. Facebook and Instagram change their rules and algorithms all the time. To thank you for signing up, I will send you a 10% off coupon to use on your next purchase in my Etsy shop. Sign up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment