Monday, March 12, 2018

March 2018 Newsletter

I finished a month-long painting challenge, and the fruits of those labors are available in my Etsy shop. And I have some upcoming events to tell you about at Jefferson Patterson Park, Paint Snow Hill, and Touchstone Gallery. For all the news, read on…

This is a collage of 30 small acrylic paintings of flowers by Barb Mowery completed during January 2018.
All of these paintings are available in my Etsy shop.

30 Paintings in 30 Days 

Another challenge complete! I planned to set up flowers in my kitchen, make observations and sketches there, then do all of my painting work (without the sketches) downstairs in my studio. But not having drawings to work from made me crazy. So I changed the rules around day 8. My most successful paintings were the ones in which I let go of the motif the most. That's where I wanted to be with this experiment: more expression, less painting each individual grain of pollen.

Day 27: "Renounce the Moon," 6 x 6 inches, acrylic on birch panel, available HERE.

All of the January paintings--and all of my other small floral paintings—in my Etsy shop are marked down to $100 (regular price $175) through March 31st.  That’s 43% off and free shipping!



I also made a musical slideshow. Enjoy!


***Coming Attractions***

Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum
Beginning in April my paintings will be available in the newly redesigned gift shop at Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum, in St. Leonard, Maryland. Jefferson Patterson Park is the State Museum of Archaeology. My interest in suburban living complements JPP’s study of native, colonial, and prehistoric life in our region. It’s going to be a good partnership.

Paint Snow Hill
The 3rd weekend in April is Paint Snow Hill 2018. And for me it’s bittersweet: this is the 15th and final year for PSH. Last spring I made a short video about how much this event means to me and has meant to my development as an artist. I love the organizers and the community and the other artists so much--my little heart might explode. If you have been meaning to come to Paint Snow Hill, this is your very last chance. The reception is Saturday, April 21st, 6-8pm, at the Old Firehouse on Green Street.

Touchstone Gallery
And looking ahead to the end of the year, I am participating in a group exhibition at Touchstone Gallery in Washington, DC, in December. I will share more information on that show as we get closer.

Details on all of my upcoming events are on my website.

Day 29: "Show Me," 6 x 6 inches, acrylic on birch panel, available HERE.

If you would like my newsletter conveniently delivered right to your inbox each month, subscribe here. When you sign up, I will send you a free, printable coloring page as a little thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment