Wednesday, January 17, 2018

January 2018 Newsletter

It’s my January 2018 Newletter! In which I celebrate reaching the halfway point in my 30 day painting challenge. Bishop’s Stock has a special deal on my remaining Studio Sweep Sale paintings through 1/27. And I introduce you to my tribe. Read on…

Three small floral paintings by Maryland artist Barb Mowery

30-in-30 In Progress

I'm halfway through my annual 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge, this time looking at flowers--or, rather, *not looking* at flowers. My flowers are set up in the kitchen, where I'm allowed to look and make sketches, and then I paint downstairs in studio. If nothing else, I'm getting some exercise. The point of all this walking around is to improve my powers of observation and memory. Each of the paintings is listed in my Etsy shop for $100 & free shipping (under the SALE tab).

Sepia and white painting of trees by Maryland artist Barb Mowery

The Sale Gets Sweeter

Only 10 days left in the Studio Sweep Sale at Bishop's Stock. So we've deepened the discounts on my small paintings (5x7 & 6x6 inches). Buy 1, get the 2nd painting 50% off. Grab your snow boots, and head over to the gallery. Sale ends January 27th.

Screen shot of the Artists Working Group International blog

Introducing AWGI

All month I have been working alongside my colleagues in Artists Working Group International. AWGI is made up of like-minded visual artists who became friends during an art workshop last year. Our members hail from the US & UK and work in a variety of styles and mediums. We do not have a secret handshake. Yet. And you can follow what all of us are working on for the 30 Days Challenge on the AWGI blog.

If you would like my newsletter conveniently delivered right to your inbox each month, subscribe here. When you sign up, I will send you a free, printable coloring page as a little thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment