Friday, May 5, 2017

May 2017 Newsletter

News from Barb Mowery Fine Art

A last minute invitation (opening tonight!) and a review of Paint Snow Hill. Read on…


Paint Snow Hill 2017

The highlight of April was Paint Snow Hill. My little video was the talk of the town and even got me recognized on the street by a stranger. I completed 7 paintings in 3 days. A full account of my time painting in Snow Hill is here.

"Gone Fishin'," acrylic on canvas panel, 6 x 12 inches, SOLD!

Gone Fishin'

Friday morning of Paint Snow Hill, I set up my easel at Porter's Crossing, a peaceful spot on the Pocomoke River. An old farmer from Westminster was fishing and checked on my progress. He drew as a boy but was unable to continue because of his trembling hands. He showed me and said, "It runs in the family." I told him that painting and fishing are a lot alike: even a bad day painting is better than a good day at work.


Plein Air at Bishop's Stock

My painting "Gone Fishin'" remained at Bishop's Stock to be included in the May exhibition of plein air artwork. (Find out more.)

Plein Air Paintings
Group Exhibition

Opening Reception

Friday, May 5th 
(that's tonight)
5-8pm

202 West Green Street
Snow Hill, Maryland
410-632-3555

I would love for you to come see me there!
--Barb

P.S. If you want my newsletter delivered right to your inbox each month, subscribe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment