Sunday, March 5, 2017

March 2017 Newsletter

News from Barb Mowery Fine Art

This month I’ve been ridding myself of rubbish, painting on a new project, drawing flowers with my daughter, and prepping for plein air season. Read on…



Clean Slate

I put 20 duds out to pasture. Primed right over them. Sometimes you need to declare “painting amnesty” and allow old, incomplete stuff to disappear: no questions asked. It felt fantastic to wipe those failures off my conscience.

Meanwhile, I’ve been a busy little bee in the studio, creating the body of work that will show at Bishop’s Stock Gallery in August. It’s still too soon for me to share any images with you, but I think you’re really going to like these paintings.



Life Drawing

My 6 year old is suddenly interested in observational drawing. So we’ve been looking intently at flowers and talking about the shapes we see and drawing together. (The little one was interested in sniffing the models.) My heart is full! I can hardly wait until my peonies bloom this spring.



Paint Snow Hill

Last, but certainly not least, Paint Snow Hill is just around the corner! At this stage I'm taking inventory and making a list of art supplies to gather. 11 years in, and I’m still as excited as a kid on Christmas!



Save the Date

The "Wet Paint Show & Sale" for Paint Snow Hill is 
Saturday, April 15th, 6-8pm, 
at the Old Firehouse on Green Street, 
in Snow Hill, Maryland.

And if you would like to have my monthly newsletter delivered to you by email, you may subscribe here. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment