Thursday, February 2, 2017

February 2017 Newsletter

News from Barb Mowery Fine Art

The new year is off to the races: my 30 little paintings are done, and I’ve been cleaning up my act. Read on….



30 Paintings in 30 Days

Another intense and productive 30 paintings in 30 days challenge is complete. Now I have a fresh sketchbook full of value studies to springboard into a new body of work! My full reflections on this month of daily painting are over on my blog.

Maryland landscape painter Barb Mowery being silly in her home studio.

Spring Cleaning

Punxsutawney Phil may be calling for 6 more weeks of winter, but I’ve been spring cleaning my studio. Many hours later, and I can see the surface of my work table again. I even hung up a white board for tracking events and deadlines. Most of the mess was on the other side of the room: books to shelve, kiddo art supplies to organize, and cardboard boxes to break down and recycle. It was totally out of hand. I feel much better now.


Website Update

Even my fine art website got some sprucing up. If you haven’t visited in a while, click on over and take a look around. I’ve added pages for my Youtube videos and upcoming events. I updated the artwork. And I completely rewrote the About page with a new bio, artist statement, and resume. Tell me what you think.

Save the Date

The "Wet Paint Show & Sale" for Paint Snow Hill 2017 is the evening of April 15th.

And if you would like to have my monthly newsletter delivered to you by email, you may subscribe here. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment