Wednesday, January 11, 2017

January 2017 Newsletter

News from Barb Mowery Fine Art

Happy New Year! I’m well into this year’s 30-in-30 project, the Studio Sweep Sale is still on at Bishop’s Stock, and I made a short behind the scenes video. Read on…

Acrylic landscape painting of old farm house surrounded by overgrown trees by Maryland artist Barb Mowery

30 Paintings in 30 Days
Every day in January I will make a small painting. Each one will be a value study (lights and darks) using only white and either brown or blue. The scenes come from the stack of inspiration photos that’s been piling up on my work table. Follow my daily progress on the blog.

Acrylic painting of pink, red, and orange zinnias by Maryland artist Barb Mowery

The Studio Sweep Sale
Several of my small paintings, along with the work of many fantastic Delmarva artists, are being offered at a discount at the annual Studio Sweep Sale at Bishop’s Stock Gallery in Snow Hill, MD. The sale runs through the end of January.


Field Notes No. 1
The scariest thing I did in 2016 was make a video of my face…and my recent visit to the Matisse & Diebenkorn show at the Baltimore Museum of Art, a peek into my messy studio, and my plans for the 30-in-30 project, which is underway now. Watch me sweat!

Save the Date
Paint Snow Hill 2017 is April 15th

And if you would like to have my monthly newsletter delivered to you by email, you may subscribe here. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment