Tuesday, November 29, 2016

December 2016 Newsletter

News from Barb Mowery Fine Art

I hope you had a very nice Thanksgiving! I have been raking leaves, but I also started planning my upcoming 30 paintings in 30 days project, shipped some paintings to my gallery, and made a Youtube slideshow. Read on…

Small acrylic painting by Maryland landscape painter Barb Mowery.
"No Rustling" - 6 x 6 inches, acrylic on canvas panel, 2016.


30 Paintings in 30 Days Again

Last January I made 30 paintings of trees in 30 days. It gave me such a fantastic creative kick start, that I've decided to do it again in January 2017. This month I will gather all my supplies and put together some self-imposed rules for the project. And by the time you receive my January Newsletter, I will be up to my elbows in paint. And that sounds like a very Happy New Year to me.


Studio Sweep Sale

Last week I shipped 6 small paintings to Bishop’s Stock Gallery in Snow Hill, MD, for the annual Studio Sweep Sale. My artwork, along with the work of many fantastic Delmarva artists, will be offered at deep discounts just in time for the holidays. This is an affordable way to build your collection. The Opening Reception is this Friday, December 2nd, from 5-8pm. The sale runs through the end of January, but the sooner you go, the better the selection.



Into the Way Back Machine

I thought it would be fun to toss all of the artwork from last year's 30 Paintings in 30 Days project into a musical slideshow, and look at them in the order that I painted them. So I did. Enjoy!

Gift Certificates

Is someone on your holiday gift list a fan of my artwork? Your loved can one bring home their favorite with a Gift Certificate.

And if you would like to have my monthly newsletter delivered to you by email, you may subscribe here. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment