Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I've been painting

Horse farm on Turner Rd., acrylic, Barbara Mowery 2012

Turner Road Horse Farm, acrylic and china marker on panel, 5"x7", 2012 - SOLD.

Chicken house, acrylic, Barbara Mowery 2012

Chicken House, acrylic and china marker on panel, 5"x7", 2012.

Pasture, acrylic, Barbara Mowery 2012

Pasture, acrylic and china marker on panel, 5"x7", 2012 - SOLD.

Shell Road intersection, acrylic, Barbara Mowery 2012

Shell Road Intersection, acrylic and china marker on panel, 5"x7", 2012 - SOLD.

Far Away Farm, acrylic Barbara Mowery 2012

Far Away Farm, acrylic and china marker on panel, 5"x7", 2012 - SOLD.

Patuxent River bridge, acrylic, Barbara Mowery 2012

Patuxent River Bridge, acrylic and china marker on panel, 5"x7", 2012.

Solomons bridge, acrylic, Barbara Mowery 2012

Solomons Bridge, acrylic and china marker on panel, 5"x7", 2012 - SOLD.

Boat house, acrylic, Barbara Mowery 2012

Boat House, acrylic and china marker on panel, 5"x7", 2012.

Power lines, acrylic, Barbara Mowery 2012

Power Lines, acrylic and china marker on panel, 5"x7", 2012 - NFS.

I've been riding the wave of Paint Snow Hill landscape momentum ever since I came home. And the fact that Maureen's first year molars have settled down, and she's finally "sleeping like a baby" has been a large part of it. (Whoever coined that phrase must not have spent much time with babies.)  In an effort to keep the paint flowing I added a few events to my 2012 calendar including paintouts at Clyburn Arboretum in Baltimore (where Becca and Ernest recently tied the knot) and at the Sandy Spring Museum in my home town. Speaking of my home town, I love that Greg Mort refers to it as "the historic Quaker village of Ashton, Maryland" in his bio, and I'm going to have to borrow that little piece of mystique for myself. It really makes the single traffic light and heavy suburbia sound sleepy and romantic, don't you think? More on Greg to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment