Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Beginning Drawing Class

Drawing class

In late summer 2007, I taught a beginning drawing course at the Worcester County Arts Council. The classes were one evening a week for six weeks in the hottest part of the summer, but the students hung in there with me and were extremely serious about their work.

Drawing class

By the end of the course, I think everyone--including me--was sick of seeing my collection of plastic fruit. Unlike my painting classes, this was a very traditional series of lessons beginning with contour drawings and measuring and eventually working our way to perspective and shading. Drawing is the foundation for every other discipline in the visual arts (except maybe interpretive dance), so I hope that they left the class feeling more confident in their skills and with a few extra tools up their sleeves.

(More photos from art classes are here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment