Monday, May 28, 2007

Paint Snow Hill 2007

Paint Snow Hill 2007

Fifty-three artists participated in Paint Snow Hill 2007, a plein air painting event organized by Bishop's Stock Fine Art & Fine Craft in Snow Hill, Maryland. Ann Coates worked tirelessly to keep us full of coffee and good cheer for the three days. Artists traveled from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, and all over Maryland. Plein air painting means "open air" painting. The goal is to capture a particular moment of time--the atmospheric conditions, temperature, and quality of light. This style of painting requires the artist to work quickly, recording their impressions of the scene.

West Market Street

Yep, I'm not really a plein air painter. I like my studio. But I had a lot of fun participating in this event and met a lot of great local (Delmarva) artists. My painting "West Market Street" was juried into the show that followed the event at Bishop's Stock during the month of May 2007, where it was sold. I think the owner of the mint green house on the far left was the purchaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment